| HOME | CATS |

Sunday 9 October 2016

Week fourth of class

       In Week 4, we started to learn a new topic which is Endosymbiosis, Cell Cycle and Totipotency. In this topic, I have learned about endosymbiotic theory which describes about the origin of mitochondria and chloroplast. This was a new topic for me. Before this I only know about the origin of mitochondria and chloroplast but I do not know about the evidences of endosymbiosis and endosymbiotic theory. The most interesting part in this topic is the division cycle of plant cell which includes G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase and M phase. For M phase we have prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase. For me, this topic is quite easy to understand because it is a continuation on the topic that I have learned during high school. I just need to revise my memory and do revision about this topic more as there is a new sub topic which is cyclin-dependent kinases and also anaphase-promoting complex.

        There is also other subtopic that I could not really understand which was totipotency. I am not familiar with the term totipotency and I do not really understand about plant tissue culture and callogenesis. To overcome that, I try to focus on what my lecturer explained in class about totipotency topic. Whenever I am unable to understand what my lecturer had explained about this, I will try to ask my friends to explain it again so that I could understand them better. Since it was really hard for me to understand, I need to study them over and over again, make a simple mind map and try to do example questions related to this topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FATINAHMADRIZAL'S ALL RIGHT RESERVED